Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What's brewing in Becky's family?

Wonderful things are happening in our family right now! We are very excited to say that we will be welcoming a new little one into our home sometime near the end of this year! I made a t-shirt for Bethany, our daughter, to wear to announce it to our family and church family. It says, "God made me a big sister!" and has a little girl pushing a baby carriage. It was fun to see the looks on people's faces as they read the shirt and took a second for understanding to dawn. Bethany is thrilled to be a new big sister. When this new baby is born, they will be 3 1/2 years apart, so I have been telling her all the fun things she can do to help me with the baby.

I am thankful to say I have only had a few bad days of nausea, although I have been extremely tired and always hungry. As a matter of fact, don't show up at my house without calling first, because it's probably going to be a wreck! It seems like I only have enough energy for the basics right now, which is getting food into our bellies and keeping clean clothes on our backs (not necessarily unwrinkled!). With Bethany, it was just a first trimester thing, so I have hope to be a better keeper of my home soon! No matter the discomfort or fatigue I feel, I always remember with gratefulness how blessed I am to be carrying a new life. I love Psalm 127 which says, "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them..."

No comments: